FIRST SOME OF THE PROBLEMS
- Reasonable adjustments within working practices are not always obvious.
- The employer is now responsible for providing a list of counsellors for the employee to contact.
- The long waiting times for someone to get treatment via the NHS for mental health issues.
- Disruption to the workplace due to absenteeism (Mental health issues now account for 54% ). There are estimates that UK businesses can save up to £8bn annually by implementing better mental wellbeing support in the workplace.
- Correct policies and procedures and regular updates to keep you compliant is difficult to stay ahead of if you don’t have a HR department
- Lack of awareness and legal responsibilities regarding workplace mental health and wellbeing due to lack of information and guidance from the Government
- July 2017 UK Supreme court abolished employment tribunal fees for employees, causing a dramatic rise in claims.
A RECENT CASE WHERE EMPLOYERS GOT IT WRONG
Female and Male menopause now protected under the Equality Act 2010
Probably the biggest and most notorious case in 2018 was the case of Mandy Davis v The Scottish employments Tribunals courts.
Mandy was an employee of the Tribunal Courts. Her case won a landmark hearing when the courts ruled in her favour to say she had been unfairly dismissed as the symptom of the menopause which she was going through constituted a disability. Her case placed the Female and Male menopause safely under the protection of the Equality Act.
Ms Davis received £14k compensation, plus an additional £5k was awarded for injury to feeling and it was ordered her position to be reinstated. A fine and legal costs were also imposed .
Read this cases full court papers HERE
Read about other court cases HERE.
HOW CAN EMPLOYER’S HELP GET IT RIGHT
MENTAL HEALTH SOLUTIONS IN BUSINESS HAS THE ANSWERS.
- Staff training:
- Appointing a Mental health ambassador for the company.
- Placing posters around the building.
- Having proper policies and procedures
- Have wellbeing days.
- Encouraging a mental health positive culture.
- Spotting the early warning signs of employees becoming mentally distressed
- By receiving constant updates.
FULLY TAX DEDUCTIBLE
All membership packages and counselling is fully tax deductible and a link to how to claim your tax deduction can be found on our web site.
We are the only company which has courses specifically written and approved for Mental health in the workplace covering not just Mental Health Awareness but also wellbeing, the legalities, policies and procedures that govern the Equality’s Act 2010. Having the CPD kite seal of approval and unique interactive quizzes and functions our learning modules are second to non.
Our courses have set the benchmark in standards read more HERE
Secure online counselling is available wherever there is a wifi connection on the devise of choice, in an environment or setting, in or out of working hours and at both parties convivence.
LEGAL UPDATES, SUPPORTS AND ADVICE
We continually monitor the related legal changes on mental health and update and adapt the site accordingly, notifying the relevant person in your business via e mail. We also provide a question and answer service.
See points 6,7 & 9 in our packages HERE
CERTIFICATES AND POSTERS (GENERIC AND BESPOKE)
All members can download their membership certificate and CPD certificate (Followed by an official CPD certificate sent by post ) and a wide range of posters to be placed around the workplace
See our certificates and posters HERE
TIME SAVING, COST EFFECTIVE AND SIMPLE
Employees are a businesses most expensive asset. With our simple but practical solution the employee can participate in our online course, at the convenience of both the employer and employee. As the demand is high, we can keep our prices extremely competitive, helping solve a problem for your business.
DISCOUNTS AND REPAYMENTS PLANS
A unique code number enables the employers to give all employees a discount of 10% off all counselling sessions. and 35% off all additional courses.
Please feel free to contact us to ask about a repayment plan for out membership packages.
OWNER AND EMPLOYEE PEACE OF MIND
Developing good working practices results in an increase in productivity, a reduction in absenteeism and an overall feeling of well-being.
The following simple but practical guidelines will help all employers implement robust practices, policies and procedures.
- Appoint one or several people to do our online CPD accredited course on Mental health awareness in the work place.
- The course can be taken at both parties convenience. You can track your employees progress via your admin portal.
- Our Posters can be downloaded allowing the necessary contact details to be put on and placed around the building.
- When this person is contacted, depending on the size of your organisation, they will listen to the concerns of the individual and help decide the right course of action or advise on reasonable adjustments.
A : The nominated person can have the authority to make the decision with reference to the employee needs.
B: The nominated person can then refer to someone higher up in the organisation for authority before any decision can be made, then the employee can be contacted again with a plan to help them.
If this results in a recommendation for counselling. Direct them to our counselling web site www. cousnellorinyourpocket.com which is our 24/7/365 Counselling portal to provide instant counselling.