By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain pitfalls of not understanding your legal obligations towards mental health in the workplace
- Describe your responsibilities as the employer
- Become familiar with case studies demonstrating legal obligations
- Spot the signs of mental health issues in employees
- Describe the characteristics of a healthy workplace
- Explain the impact of an unhealthy workplace
- Give examples of self-care strategies for all employees
- Describe methods of implementing ‘reasonable adjustment’
- Express yourself more confidently during ‘difficult conversations’: Know how to approach employees
What you will need
- It is recommended that you find a time and place to do each module where you will not be interrupted.
- You may wish to talk to a manager about your notes and set yourself some goals based on what you have learned.
- It is a good idea to have a notebook with you so that you can write down anything you wish to remember.
- You can use the template below to make notes as you go along which you can turn into actions at the end of the training.
This course is up to A level standard and will carry CPD accreditation towards university points and/or can be used at an employee yearly review by employers.