By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify common mental illnesses
- Identify more severe mental illnesses
- Recognise behaviours which discriminate against people who are mentally ill
- Recognise things which cause stress in yourself and others
- Select strategies which help us cope well with everyday stress and mental distress
- Outline strategies which do not help us to recover from mental illness
- Identify ways to support a colleague who is mentally ill
- Identify ways to support a colleague returning to work
- Recognise the characteristics of a healthy workplace
- Recall what the law states about mental health in the workplace
What you will need
- It is recommended that you find a time and place to do each module where you will not be interrupted.
- You may wish to talk to a manager about your notes and set yourself some goals based on what you have learned.
- It is a good idea to have a notebook with you so that you can write down anything you wish to remember.
- You can use the template below to make notes as you go along which you can turn into actions at the end of the training.
This course is up to A level standard and will carry CPD accreditation towards university points and/or can be used at an employee yearly review by employers.