Employer’s responsibilities around mental health?
Mental health falls under the laws of the Equality Act
In layman’s terms (full law click here):
- An employer has a duty to make reasonable adjustments.
- If the adjustments are deemed ‘reasonable’ within their resources, and not implemented, the employer would have to defend their failure to provide these adjustments in a court of law.
- Clauses 3, 4 and 5 of section 20 of the Equality Act impose a duty on employers to make reasonable adjustments.The duty is set out in sections 20 and 21 of the Equality Act. Click here to read more
Acas figures for the period 2018-2019
show an increase of 54% in disability discrimination cases showing a 30% increase from the previous year which was only 24%.
Employee awarded £257,127
Employee Awarded £239,913
Employee awarded £223,869
The above cases exclude legal fees court costs and fines
WE HAVE THE ANSWERS
- Competitive prices
- Fully tax-deductible & VAT exempt
- World class security with the very highest protocols
- Only NHS UK online counselling clinic
- Advanced CPD (Continued Personal Development) training courses
- Membership discounts on all courses
- Available 24 hours a day on any device
- Constant legal updates
- Certificates for both company and employees